Why it's good for you
A unique product of dense texture with antioxidant, anti-aging, rejuvenating and healing action. Dittany is an endemic plant of Crete and was also known as "Theangelis" during the Minoan Era. The king of Cretan herbs, diktaios, meets the liquid gold of Crete, the olive oil producing the ultimate product for your skin. ELIXĪRION Dittany Oil is a herbal product that elevates your daily skin care to another level. This is a unique product with a dense texture and an antioxidant and healing action with 100% genuine Dittany extract in extra virgin olive oil.
- Cretan Dittany contains more than 70 different healing substances. It is a herb with great antioxidant, antispasmodic, astringent and soothing properties. Our Dittany oil is a rich formula that gently nourishes the skin offering a silky feeling. Its daily use helps to restore and hydrate the skin.
- Main benefits include:
- Anti-aging care: Contains thymol and carvacrol that protect against oxidative stress caused by free radicals preventing premature aging of the body and skin.
- Acne treatment: It is ideal for treating acne and other skin problems due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties. Helps maintain normal skin pH by removing excess sebum. Plus helps to hydrate the skin.
- Heals scars and wounds: The carvacrol contained in Dittany oil also has a special healing effect. The healing properties of the essential oils, have long been known in ancient times. Aristotle in his work "On animal stories" introduces us to the painkiller and healing properties of DIttany, stating that when Cretan Capricorns (Capra aegagrus)) were wounded, they ate Dittany to heal their wounds.
- Antiseptic action: Its high content of compounds such as thymol, carvacrol, γ-terpinene and π-cymene give Dittany a strong antiseptic effect. Dittany's antiseptic action according to studies contains the strains of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Escherichia coli, Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella Enteritidis, Salmonella typhimurium, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Aspergillus and Helicobacter pylori species.
- Insecticidal action: The compounds carvacrol, thymol and α-terpinene give the characteristic botanical aroma of oregano and thyme and protect the skin from insect bites.
OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL*, ORIGANUM DICTAMNUS (DITTANY) FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT* * From organic agriculture.
We always proudly